Florence (Osmundson) Wahl

Wahl was a Milaca business woman from the 1930s to the 1960s. She and
her husband, Ole, owned and operated the Wahl Beverage Company, “the
Coke Plant,” where she was the bookkeeper. After his death in 1936 she
became the sole proprietor.

Florence was one of the few business women in Milaca during those
times. She managed a crew of up to a dozen male employees. Her firm
also distributed other sodas and several brands of beer. She sold the plant
to Coca Cola of St Cloud when she retired in 1966.

Florence was a member of many service and social organizations in the
Milaca area, including Current Events Club, Civic Club, and East Central
Library Board. She was also active for many years in the Trinity Lutheran
Church and the local Republican Party.
 
Previous listing   Previous listing    
Back to directory Back to directory
  • Site Map