With the start of the school year quickly approaching, Milaca Public Schools has been busy planning for what the return to school will look like and feel like for our students, staff, and families. Ensuring the health and safety of our school community continues to be our priority as we plan for the 2020-21 school year. With this in mind, we are reviewing possible structures for the reopening of schools. Our work is guided by federal, state, and local entities. We have been directed by Governor Walz, the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), and the Minnesota Health Department (MDH) to plan for three possible scenarios:
* In either of the Traditional School or Hybrid Instruction scenarios, families have the option of Distance Learning if they are uncomfortable sending their students to school.
- Traditional School: students return to school and we will adhere to the CDC's guidelines to the best of our ability.*
- Hybrid Instruction: learning will occur as a combination of in school and distance learning.*
- Distance Learning: students complete teacher assigned work remotely.
Superintendent Wedin's message regarding fall planning
As we plan, we are committed to our guiding principles:
During the week of July 27, Governor Walz is expected to announce which of the scenarios schools will operate for the 2020-21 school year. In the meantime, as we plan for each of the three scenarios, we want to know how you feel. Please complete the Fall Planning survey that will be emailed to you. If you do not receive the email, the survey can be accessed at https://forms.gle/GgkppjQN9sXtfftA6. This survey will be open until 6:00 PM on Monday, July 20.
- Maintain the health, wellness, and safety of the entire school community
- Flexibility for our most at-risk students, staff, and families
- Compliance with social distancing recommendations and PPE as required
- Preparedness for responding to local, state, and federal orders
- Commit to developing equitable and innovative re-opening approaches that meet the academic and social-emotional needs of all students
- Support all staff to adapt and respond to the instructional and operational needs of all students
- Sustain open communication with the Milaca Public Schools community
For the weeks leading up to the start of school, please continue to monitor this page, our Facebook page, and your email for updates. Thank you for your help in our planning process and for your patience as we move forward. Together, through the strength of our wolf pack, we will be safe and ready to face the 2020-21 school year!