Welcome to the Social Studies Homepage
We, the teachers of social studies in ISD #912 believe that the aim of social science education is to develop in our students:
- a rich and full understanding of the inquiry process.
- an understanding of key concepts and principles of history, economics, geography, government, citizenship, culture, society, social studies skills, reading, thinking, and studying.
- a realization of the interplay among the social studies, technology and society in past, present and future contexts.
- interpersonal and communication skills.
- critical thinking skills.
- an increased appreciation for the social world that we live in.
- a base needed for higher level social classes.
- a desire to become a life-long learner.
To learn more about courses offered by the social studies department click on the buttons in the left column.
Please see the "Teachers and Classes" button and select your teacher's name to view specific course information.