|March 6, 2020 - COVID-19 Awareness|
March 6, 2020
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) and its potential spread have become a concern as new cases are reported in this country and the news coverage increases. To help keep our community healthy, Milaca Schools is closely monitoring communication from the Minnesota Department of Health on what actions the district and individuals should take.
While there are no reports of COVID-19 in our area, nor in the state of Minnesota, we feel education on preventing the spread of the disease is important. Families are encouraged to visit the Minnesota Department of Health or the CDC website for more information. Some quick tips to aid in staying healthy and preventing the spread of all communicable illnesses, such as influenza (flu), pertussis (whooping cough), strep throat, etc., are to:
Milaca Schools has great nurses on staff who are staying abreast of the COVID-19 situation. If further concerns arise, we will continue to inform families using the communication systems in place.
- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
Superintendent of Schools