Ways You Can Help At Home
* Give your child duties around the house to develop self-confidence and responsibility.
* Be sure your child listens to others and follows simple directions, one at a time.
* Demonstrate and teach your child to help others including brothers, sisters, and pets.
* Supervise viewing of T.V. programs. Thirty minutes per day is a good average for children in Kindergarten.
* Talk positively about school.
* Teach your child to be independent about appropriate toilet habits.
* Teach your child his/her full name, parent's names, address, and phone number.
* Establish a regular pattern for sleep (10 hours).
* Make sure labels are on all personal belongings, with both first and last names.
* Reserve a little time after school each day to talk about your child's day. Please offer encouragement and praise.
* Encourage your child to look forward to Kindergarten as a happy, friendly place.