10th Grade Health
Instructors' Names: Paul Arens/Jocelyn Berg
Room Number: 162 Phone Number: 320-982-7184 Arens
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org 320-982-7183 Berg
email@example.com 320-982-7362 Health Rm.
Best time to contact: 7:15am - 8:00 am or 3:15-3:45 pm
The intent of the Health Program is to help you make independent, informed decisions concerning your physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being. It encourages you to discover your capabilities and responsibilities for attitudes and patterns of behavior that will promote a full and satisfying life. During these units you will become aware of community health resources and will hear from a variety of speakers.
Units of Study*
•Understanding Health & Wellness •Nutrition
•Responsible Decision Making •Chemical Health
•Self-Esteem - Tobacco, Drugs & Alcohol
•Stress Management - Addiction and Codependency
•Mental Health & Disorders •Growth and Development
-Coping with Loss and Grief - reproductive anatomy, organ function, hormones
-Suicide Prevention - the birth process, birth control
-Mental Health Professionals •Sexually Transmitted Infections/Diseases
*Unit sequence may be adjusted due to school related testing and/or events.
95-100% = A 77 - 79% = C+ 60 - 62% = D-
90 - 94% = A- 73 - 76% = C 59% & below = F
87 - 89% = B+ 70 - 72% = C-
83 - 86% = B 67 - 69%= D+
80 - 82% = B- 63 - 66%= D
We as teachers do NOT give grades, students EARN grades.
Material Needed For Class:
You are expected to bring your charged iPad, notebook, folder, pencil or pen to class every class period. Textbooks will remain in the room unless checked out with instructor.
2. Be Prepared. (Have all required materials with you and ready to use)
3. Follow Teachers directions the first time they are given.
4. Respect your teacher and classmates in words and actions.
1st incident results in a student/teacher meeting to discuss behavior plan.
2nd incident results in parent contact and the development of a behavior plan.
3rd incident results in meeting with administration.
* Behaviors that are safety issues may result in immediate removal from class.
Our School’s Anti-Bullying Rules
Cell phones/Electronic Devices:
- District Info
- Agendas & Minutes
- Become a School Board Member
- Blended Learning Site
- Board Members
- Board Committees & Representatives
- Campaign Finance Reports
- District Map
- District Office Staff
- Emergency School Closing Information
- Employment Opportunities
- Policies & Procedures
- Required Notices
- School Forest Environmental Learning Center
- Staff Directory
- Strategic Plan
- Talk to Us
- Student Built House - BIDS NOW BEING ACCEPTED!!
- Blended Learning Site
- Milaca Elementary
- Elementary Home
- Early Childhood Screening
- School Readiness Preschool
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade
- ALP (Accelerated Learner Program)
- ELL (English Language Learners)
- RTI: Early Literacy Intervention
- Social Workers-Elem
- Special Education--Elem
- Title 1
- Math Resources
- Health Services
- Milaca High School
- Milaca Area Learning Center
- Rum River Online School
- Community Education