Instructors: Jocelyn Berg & Nicole Hoffman E-mail:
Phone: (B) 320-982-7323 or (H) 320-982-7315
Goal of this class: To create a more inclusive school!
Potential Physical Activities:
Fitness testing Basketball Badminton Floor Hockey Recreation
Disc Golf Track & Field Soccer Ultimate Frisbee Team Building Dance Volleyball Scooters Tag Games Bowling Swimming Balance/Tumbling
Materials needed for this course:
TENNIS SHOES! (NO Dudes, Crocs, boots, sandals, slippers, etc.)
Chromebook for reflections
A- 90-94 Grading: Grades are made up of 3 main sections:
B+ 87-89 Daily Leadership - 5 points per day
B 83-86 Weekly Reflections - 10-20 points per week
B- 80-82 Assignments - points varied depending on assignment
F 59 or less
Milaca Bullying Policy:
This class follows the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program:
- We will not bully others.
- We will try to help students who are bullied.
- We will try to include students who are left out.
- If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell an adult at school and at home.
Attendance is really important for this class! If you are missing that means your athlete for the week is missing out on building a relationship with you. If you are sick please STAY HOME, but when possible, we want you in class!
All work is expected to be turned in on or before the due date. Students will be given one week (7 calendar days) to submit late work, after one week students will receive no credit. If an assignment is turned in late but before the 1-week late deadline, it will receive a 10% deduction.
Cell phones/Electronic Devices:
Cell phones are not allowed to be used in class. Other electronic devices are NOT to be brought to physical education class, unless directed by the teacher to do so. We want you to engage with your peers in this class. Electronic devices are NEVER to be used in any locker rooms or restrooms. Failure to comply with this procedure will result in a behavior referral.
- Engage with your weekly partner(s)
- Walk with them during warm-ups and cool downs
- Help them during the activity time
- Complete your weekly reflections
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Be flexible
- Have a great attitude!
* Please note there may be times when PE classes go off campus to Rec. Park, the pickleball courts or the Milaca trails during class.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to email or call us.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
(B) 320-982-7323 or (H) 320-982-7315